MOSOP described government’s action as unfortunate, adding that the amount would not be enough to achieve the aim of returning the environment to its normal condition. The Federal Government had in its 2018 appropriation bill earmarked only N20,226,000 while the sum of N250 million was budgeted for attendance of international bilateral/multilateral meetings.
MOSOP Rejects NGN20M Allocation fo Ogoni Clean-up
The Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People has rejected the N20.2million budgeted by the Federal Government for Ogoniland clean-up support in the 2018 appropriation bill.
Latest from Editor
- MOSOP Call for Global Intervention Over Alarming Death Rate in Ogoniland
- Ogoni Group Says Gani Topba Made First Attempt to Kill Saro-Wiwa in 1994
- PRESS RELEASE: MOSOP FAULTS ALLEGED PLAN TO BUILD PRISON AND CEMETERY IN OGONILAND
- Full Text of Press Statement by the President of MOSOP on March 2, 2018
- Ogoni Clean-up to Commence in 2nd Quarter of 2018