MOSOP described government’s action as unfortunate, adding that the amount would not be enough to achieve the aim of returning the environment to its normal condition. The Federal Government had in its 2018 appropriation bill earmarked only N20,226,000 while the sum of N250 million was budgeted for attendance of international bilateral/multilateral meetings.
MOSOP Rejects NGN20M Allocation fo Ogoni Clean-up
The Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People has rejected the N20.2million budgeted by the Federal Government for Ogoniland clean-up support in the 2018 appropriation bill.
Latest from Editor
- Niger Delta Leaders Say Extra U.S.$1 Bn for Boko Haram Discriminatory
- MOSOP's Students Wing Protest to Buhari Over Environmental Neglect, Shell, RoboMicheal
- Human rights and the revolt against SARS(1) -Thisday Editorial
- 10th Session of the Minority Forum – Is There Space for Minorities in the International Arena?
- MOSOP Raises Alarm Over High Rate of Child Mortality in Ogoniland