Ogoni Group Says Gani Topba Made First Attempt to Kill Saro-Wiwa in 1994
An Ogoni group, the Ogoni Community Development Network (OCDN) has alleged that leader of the Ken Saro-Wiwa Associates, Chief Gani Topba in 1994 attempted to kill Ken Saro-Wiwa. In a statement by the president of the group, Johnson Kuele, made in Wyoming, United States, the OCDN said it was alerting the Ogoni public against Gani Topba, the man who made the first attempt to assassinate Ken Saro-Wiwa in March 1994.
OCDN claimed that it is alarmed that the same Gani Topba who attempted to Kill Mr. Ken Saro-Wiwa in 1994 has become the friend of some Ogonis who seek to enrich themselves at the cost of Ogoni blood which have spilled for freedom.
The statement said, for the records, Gani Topba was arrested in March 1994 over an assassination attempt on the late Ken Saro-Wiwa and was released in 1996 after the death of Ken Saro-Wiwa.
Today, he has been hired by Belema Oil Producing to achieve just the same objective and to rubbish the name of Ken Saro-Wiwa in Ogoniland.
Latest from Editor
- Nigeria: Fishing in Oily Waters - Ogoni's Long, Painful Wait for Pollution Clean-Up
- On the Planned Resumption of Oil Exploration In Ogoni -By Saatah Nubari
- ERA/FoEN Back Dutch FoE To Sue Shell For Climate Pollution
- The Shame of an African Giant:: The Case of Nigeria's Suppression of Civil Rights in Ogoni
- Ogoni monarch beg Buratai to find brother's killers