- Must be Ogoni by birth or by naturalization or by marriage (in case of women);
- Must not only be a registered/bonafide member of any of the constituent organizations that makeup MOSOP but must have also been registered in his or her town/chapter and must have recognizably participated actively in MOSOP activities in at least the past one year.
- Must be someone that has not been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Must have paid his/her dues for the past two (2) years as at the time of submission of his/her nomination form;
- Shall have their election forms endorsed by not less than two (2) registered/bonafide members of MOSOP who would serve as nominators.
- Shall sign on to an undertaking committing themselves to non-violence and proper civil conduct at all times and shall as well prevail on their supporters to do same. Candidates found guilty of non-compliance shall be disqualified.
- Persons running for the office of President of MOSOP and other national elective positions shall not be less than 30 years of age, except for
aspirants into student’s union executives who shall not be less than 18 years.
- Candidates seeking election into the office of Kingdom coordinators of MOSOP (Kingdom/Special Unit) and other Kingdom offices shall not be less than 30 years of age, except for aspirants into students union executives who shall not be less than 18 years.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
- Candidates seeking election into the office of the President, Deputy President and Secretary General of MOSOP shall possess a minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) while contestants for other positions in the National Executive Committee (NEC) shall posses a minimum qualification of school certificate or its equivalent.
- Candidates aspiring to national offices of the constituent organizations (affiliates) shall possess a minimum of school certificate or its equivalent;
- Candidates running for the offices of the Kingdom Coordinator/Deputy Coordinator/Secretary (applicable to special units too) and other Kingdom offices shall hold a minimum qualification of a school certificate or its equivalent.
- COLLECTION OF ELECTION FORMS
- Collection of forms shall commence on Wednesday, September 1, 2021 and end on Tuesday, October 30, 2021. The period may be extended if only there is extreme need to do so.
- The forms shall be collected/issued upon the payment of the appropriate fee, which are as stated hereunder:-
Dep. President Secretary-General Other offices
N50,000 N40,000 N30,000 N25,000
Vice Chair Secretary Other offices
N15,000 N10,000 N7,500