MOSOP described government’s action as unfortunate, adding that the amount would not be enough to achieve the aim of returning the environment to its normal condition. The Federal Government had in its 2018 appropriation bill earmarked only N20,226,000 while the sum of N250 million was budgeted for attendance of international bilateral/multilateral meetings.
MOSOP Rejects NGN20M Allocation fo Ogoni Clean-up
The Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People has rejected the N20.2million budgeted by the Federal Government for Ogoniland clean-up support in the 2018 appropriation bill.
Latest from Editor
- Rights Group Condemn Government Attempt to Resume oil exploration in Ogoni without cleanup
- ‘Resource control will end crude oil theft, artisanal refining’ - Stakeholders
- MOSOP Condemn Shell, Nigerian Military Over Repression of Ogoni Farmers
- “I will fight to my last breath” - Esther Kiobel on her 22-year battle to get Shell in court
- Curtailing Rights’ Violations from Pollution